Frequently Asked Questions
It is an accounting service provided remotely from our offices. We do all of the bookkeeping without needing your documents (invoices, contracts and so on). They stay physically in your office.
- How does it work?
Once your contract is signed, we will provide you with an email address to send your scanned documents. 1) You scan and send documents at your pace; 2) Once we receive the documents, our team processes them; and 3) We send you PDF versions of the documents by email.
- Is it a service for me?
This service is dedicated to those corporations that prefer to entrust their bookkeeping to professionals at an affordable price. Please note that this is ONLY an accounting service and NOT a management service.
Here are examples of the type of tasks that will do on your behalf:
- Common and special charges billing
- Owners payment entries
- Vendors invoices entries
- Monthly financials production
- Cheques and deposits processing
- Monthly owners statements of account processing
- and more!
- Cheques printing and signatures
- Physical deposits at banks
- Meeting attendance
- Building and work inspection
- Contracts negotiation
- Collection and legal action against bad payer
- and so on.
- You control your corporation's funds (you sign the cheques!)
- You can approve or reject invoice payments before they get paid
- You keep all your documents in your office
You can obtain a copy of your data (in Condo Manager format or in PDF) whether you renew your contract or not.
- How much does the service cost?
The service costs start at $5 per unit per month.
- Does Accounting for Condo provide accounting services for time periods from before our services are used?
Absolutely. The actual price is the same for current time period accounting services.
- What documents should I provide when the service begins?
Initially, you will have to provide us with some basic information such as fractions, co-owners list, vendors, etc. We provide you with the necessary forms to make these tasks easier for you.
Thereafter, we require the balances of all of your bank accounts on a specified date. For example, if you would like to start on January 1st, 2017, we will require your bank account balances from December 31st, 2016.
All that is left would be to scan and send by email the documents requested so that we may process them.